Day 2 : complete!
Hey to all of you. I know its been a few days since I posted, but man has the pedal been put to the metal. I’ve read 200 pages in the past two nights (just finished at 9:45pm for tonight).
Some specifics you may not know yet:
– I have 6 teachers that take turns leading lecture on different days.
– I became friends with “Nails” (a girl) who failed last year by a single point. (She’s “tough as nails” hence the nickname!) She has a great attitude and tells it like it is. She has been instrumental in me learning the do’s and don’ts for how to succeed and what to expect! We talk outside for 5 minutes every hour of lecture we have (our break is 5 minutes).
– There are 41 students in our class, but last year had 40 students and now they only have 12! (OMG!)
– There is one girl who is overly lighthearted about the entire experience and constantly laughs at her own (attempt at) jokes. It is highly annoying, especially when you are in the final hour of lecture and ready to go home.
– We have class Mondays and Thursdays from 8-12noon, and Fridays from 8-10am. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are clinical days, but seeing that we don’t know anything yet (they start on 9/15 I think) we are replacing clinical with 8 hours of lecture every Tuesday and Wednesday (OMG!)
Today was the first day of lecture, but it was VERY LONG! The thinking for me is already going like, “I have already read this stuff, and you’re just rehashing in and adding a little flavor, so why not speed it up, cut lecture in half, and let us get a start on the 100 pages we have to read tonight, already!” (How’s THAT for a long sentence? lol)
I don’t have more time to write because I need to get to bed, but I studied muscles, bones, pain assessment, range of motion, relaxation techniques, and using lifts, moving people up/over in bed, etc. for lecture tomorrow…so we’ll have to see how it goes!
Until later, ~*~
ps- lowering someone to the floor if they faint while walking w/ assistance is a PERFECT CAT STANCE! If only I knew how to make that stance…. oh wait! 🙂
pps- at lunch I was walking outside and my friends from CNA class (they are in medication aide class now) hollared across campus at me. It was the highlight of my day! That made me feel loved as they each greeted me with hugs! Oh how I miss them!